Include multiple Work Items in a View?

How do you create a View that displays 2 Work Items? When I try to create a View with 2 filters using the (Work Item(s)), the View is empty.

Hey there, @inquisitor. I’m sure your job around here will be nothing but making my life enjoyable and care-free! :wink:

To answer your question, I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking. If what you mean is that you want a view that shows literally those work items, follow these steps:

1. click the View menu
  2. select New Work Items View
  3. give your new view a Name
  4. click the add filter button (the icon is a funnel)
  5. in the combo box that says Assignments, click and change to Work Item (Select)
  6. in the combo box that says Equal To (=), click and change to Is Element In
  7. in the combo box that displays the names of your work items, select the first one
  8. click the add element button (the icon is a funnel with three dots)
  9. in the combo box that displays the names of your work items, select the second one
  10. click the add element button (the icon is a funnel with three dots)
  11. click the OK button

Quick Views make this task even easier. To use that feature, follow these steps:

1. select a work items view that contains the two work items for which you want to make a specific view
  2. select your first work item from the list
  3. hold down the control key on your keyboard and click your second work item from the list
  4. right-click on either work item selected
  5. select Quick View
  6. select Work Items

If you meant that you want to see time slices only for two particular work items, the above procedures are the same, just in creating a time slices view instead of a work items view:

1. click the View menu
  2. select New Time Slices View
  3. give your new view a Name
  4. click the add filter button (the icon is a funnel)
  5. in the combo box that says Assignment (Select), click and change to Work Item (Select)
  6. in the combo box that says Equal To (=), click and change to Is Element In
  7. in the combo box that displays the names of your work items, select the first one
  8. click the add element button (the icon is a funnel with three dots)
  9. in the combo box that displays the names of your work items, select the second one
  10. click the add element button (the icon is a funnel with three dots)
  11. click the OK button

Or to use Quick Views for a time slices view:

1. select a work items view that contains the two work items for which you want to make a specific view
  2. select your first work item from the list
  3. hold down the control key on your keyboard and click your second work item from the list
  4. right-click on either work item selected
  5. select Quick View
  6. select Time Slices

I hope that helps, but if not, please feel free to reply and give me a bit more details.