Licenced only for non-commercial use?

Hello.

I’m trying to clarify what is needed to use Grindstone 4 for commercial purposes. The terms of use on the Epiforge website say that “Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use.” but then the licence downloaded with the software says “You are granted a non-exclusive license to use Grindstone for any purposes for an unlimited period of time”.

Is someone from Epiforge able to clarify if any licence is needed for commercial use? Perhaps Grindstone 4 Pro must be purchased?

Thanks very much
Matt

For Grindstone 4, it is otherwise specified, by the EULA. The EULA is displayed by Grindstone 4’s Setup program when you first run it on your PC. But, for you convenience, I shall include the relevant portions of it here.

In the Short Description at the top, it states:

1. You may install and use Grindstone for any legal purpose.

The General Use portion of the Full Version also states:

2.1. The Software may be installed and Used by the Licensee for any legal purpose.

The EULA does not use the term “commercial” once. This is intentional. The above language is broad enough to cover commercial use. What you cannot do is use Grindstone for an illegal purpose, e.g. to run a pyramid scheme or manufacture nuclear weapons.

So, please feel free to use Grindstone for your commercial purposes. Making money legally is great, and we’re glad to help you in your record keeping while you do it. :slight_smile:

And welcome to the forum, my friend.