What can I do about lost data

Hi!
I’ve been using Grindstone for a few months now (since January I’d say). And tonight, when I opened the app on my phone, I didn’t have any data anymore. No name, no stats about all I recorded over the past months. I’ve done nothing on my phone (I haven’t deleted any files or documents). What happened? What can I do about it?

Thanks.

Ok, for some weird reason, I was kicked out of my only database when I started the app. One hour of searching if I had some back up before I realized that… I guess it is one hour of practice lost. :frowning:

Is there any way to export my data from my phone (android) to my pc easily so I can have some sort of backup? Outside the cloud service. Just having a file I could export to the pc version, for instance, would be perfect. I could manually transfer the info one a month or so.

Thanks.

If you can get access to your Android phone’s file system and nab the Grindstone database file, it will work on your PC.

And welcome to the forum, BTW, @Cadenza!

Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

I don’t see any files on my phone (?!?). Am I looking at the right place?

I hate to say this, but I’m not sure. It’s a .gsjdb file.

how can I open old files (recovered from hard drive from broken laptop) on my new pc?
I’ve downloaded the grindstone app again