2020.03.15 not usable :-(

Hi there,

i was very happy with grindstone to record my times for a very long period… but i have updated yesterday to version 2020.03.15 and… it is not working very well… :frowning:

After one to five minutes grindstone stops… without further acknowledge. No message, no dialog… it is away (even the icon in the start bar vanishes) and all timing that was started was not saved. When I start grindstone again, the previous recording is also away…

What can I do?

Is there anywhere a logfile with further informations what happened?
Other people out there, who experience the same behaviour?

Sincerly,
Mathias

Hi, I have a similar problem since the last update.

Grindstone crashes due to an unhandled exception a couple of minutes after start.

There are two errors in the event viewer, the first comes from .NET runtime, the second from Grindstone:

---- first error from .NET ----
Anwendung: GS4.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.Net.WebException
bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(System.IAsyncResult)
bei System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(System.IAsyncResult)

Ausnahmeinformationen: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
bei System.Net.Http.HttpClient+d__58.MoveNext()
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult() bei DiscourseApi.Api+<SendMessageAsyncAndGetResponse>d__31.MoveNext() bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task) bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task) bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult()
bei DiscourseApi.Api+d__29.MoveNext()
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult() bei DiscourseApi.Api+<GetAsync>d__16.MoveNext() bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task) bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task) bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult()
bei DiscourseApi.Api+d__151[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext() bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task) bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task) bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult()
bei DiscourseApi.Topic+d__8.MoveNext()
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
bei Quantum.Client.Windows.App+<>c__DisplayClass179_0+<b__8>d.MoveNext()
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__6_1(System.Object)
bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

---- this is the one from grindstone (I edited my user name) ----
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: GS4.exe, Version: 4.0.7378.36972, Zeitstempel: 0x5e6d7799
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17763.1098, Zeitstempel: 0xe934af74
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x00121a62
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3094
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5fb73d5a4db49
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Local\Grindstone 4\GS4.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 4370a7a2-49e5-4635-91db-db45971b6f45
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

We’re actively investigating this issue.

@siebenschlaefer and @adam, sorry this had to be your first experience on the new forum. But, we’ve acted quickly. Hopefully it won’t be too much trouble to get Grindstone back in shape. Please see:

1 Like

OK… i updated to Build 7380.11491.

The error seems to be fixed… :slight_smile:

Very well… that was a really fast fix!!

Astonishing.

Many thanks…

1 Like

Thanks a lot! The update from the app by “check for updates” did not work (grindstone was still thinking it has the newest version), but the setup program worked.

1 Like